Compare Rates to Find a Cheap Car Hire in Belfast City Airport
Nothing better than having a car hire waiting for you to take you to your next destination after arriving at Belfast City Airport! George Best Belfast City Airport formerly Belfast City Airport is an air transportation hub that serves several flights mostly from within the United Kingdom.
The airport was popularly known merely as Belfast City Airport (BHD) until it was renamed sometime in March 2006 to honor the former Manchester United footballer, George Best. It is located at the Port of Belfast within Belfast City. Eiser Infrastructure Fund owns the facility. Belfast City Airport has many useful facilities including meeting and conference rooms, internet kiosks and a unique shop and collect service.
Why book a car rental at VroomVroomVroom?
- With VroomVroomVroom, you can book in advance a car hire for your travel. We provide you comparison from the leading car rental agencies in the city such as Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Green Motion, Hertz, Sixth and Thrifty. There are 10 convenient addresses you can choose from to pick up your car hire. An address close to the airport or the hotel where you will be staying.
- It's so easy to book a car hire in Belfast City Airport via VroomVroomVroom. It's absolutely free - that is both booking and cancelling. You only get to pay upon pick up, directly at the counter. That way, you can avoid non-refundable fees by booking online, which can be a hassle especially if there are unexpected circumstances wherein you have to cancel your booking.
- Just enter your travel details on the orange search box, right on the left corner of this page. Our supplier will respond with their available cars and prices, and the list is arrange from cheapest to the most expensive price, making things a lot easier for you.
- Book in advance to increase your chances of getting cheaper rates. At VroomVroomVroom, excellent quality car hires at reasonable prices are our mission, so you can't go wrong by booking through us!
- Our highly-motivated customer care experts are ready to help you. If you need assistance in booking a car rental, just contact us today!
Driving tips in BHD
The airport can be found along the A2 Sydenham Bypass road between Belfast and Holywood and is of course well sign-posted. The postcode is BT3 9JH. George Best Belfast City Airport offers a choice of car parking including long and short stay, pre-book parking and Executive parking which is ideal for the frequent flyer business traveller. Click here to reserve a parking space.
Top Attractions nearby George Best Belfast City AirportBelfast Castle is a historical building renowned for its beautiful Scottish baronial architectural style and charming interior design. The castle was the 9th Earl of Shaftesbury's present to the city and is now a sought after venue for wedding receptions, corporate events and dining. Its antique shop and restaurant are both locals and tourists favourite.
Belfast Botanic Gardens is located within College Park along the Botanic Avenue. It is of Victorian heritage and is one of the tourists, students and workers favourite places to meet up. It occupies 28 acres of land and features a wonderful collection of plants. Its facilities to date include the Palm House, the Tropical Ravine, giant bird feeders, flower beds, rose garden, rockery, alpine garden, sculptures, specimen trees, shrub borders, bowling green and pavilion.
City Hall is a civic building in Belfast City renowned for its magnificent Baroque Revival architectural style. It is located in Donegall Square and is open for tours from Monday to Saturday. The City Hall's gardens are popular with children, teenagers, tourists and local workers especially during summers as a good place to unwind. The celebrated Belfast Wheel is located within the eastern grounds of the City Hall.
Crumlin Road Gaol or Her Majesty's Prison (HMP) was a prison built during the Victorian era and is situated in Crumlin Road. Its history of imprisonment and execution lasted for one hundred fifty years. The former prison facility was designed by Sir Charles Lanyon and built sometime in between the years 1843 and 1845. The site now serves as one of the city's major tourist attractions.
Mount Stewart House and Garden also known as Mount Pleasant is an historical ninety-eight (98) acres of land with wonderful architectures, a large lake and monuments. The property was first owned by the Stewart family or the Vane-Tempest-Stewart family, holders of the title Marquess of Londonderry. Visiting the location is a great way to learn about Ireland, its culture and the lives of the noble people who once lived in the marvelous place that made it renowned.
Victoria Park is a hidden gem that can be found at the eastern side of the city along Park Avenue. It is a tranquil and charming place to unwind for several hours. Bird watching and swans and duck feeding are the usual favorite activities in the area.
Eating and Drinking: When in need of food and drinks just a few hours before take off do try any of the following establishments: Bushmills Bar, Costa Coffee, Espression by Lavazza and the Harvest Market.
Top Things to Do within George Best Belfast City Airport
Ice Skating at the renowned Dundonald International Ice Bowl is highly recommended for all group sizes. The facility has an Olympic-sized ice rink, an Indiana Jones inspired playground for kids and wonderful bowling centre to make sure everyone will have a great time.
Singing and or just listening to music at the Oh Yeah Music Centre is the finest option available for all music enthusiasts to unwind. The facility has a music exhibition, a cafe, rehearsal rooms, performance space and recording studios. The establishment can be found along Gordon Street.
Shopping for just about anything at the any of the following shopping venues: Castlecourt Shopping Centre, Junction One International Outlet Centre, Spires Shopping Mall, The Outlet, the High Street stores, Westwood Shopping Centre and Victoria Square will definitely suffice every shoppers fancy.