Book a Cheap Car Hire in Birkenhead - Enjoy Big Discounts
By comparing rental cars and booking a car hire with VroomVroomVroom, you can save time and money. We make it easy to hire a car and you may even be surprised to find out that it only took you two minutes! There is a wide selection of vehicles to choose from ranging from economy and compact to SUVs and premium. We only compare deals from major brands including Alamo, Enterprise, Hertz, and Europcar.
Birkenhead, also known as Bircen, is a waterfront town in Merseyside, England along the west bank of Mersey River situated near Wallasey and Liverpool. The town is famous for its historical sites, architectures, arts, its seaport and ship building industry.
Finding the best car or van hire in Birkenhead is now easy with VroomVroomVroom. Currently, there are five depots you can choose from where to pick up your Birkenhead rental car. All locations are strategically located within the city, making it convenient to visit the different attractions in Birkenhead whilst driving your car hire.
Why hire a car in Birkenhead through VroomVroomVroom
- Booking a car hire in Birkenhead has never been this easy. With VroomVroomVroom, you will be able to see all your options including different car types in just a few seconds. The result will be tailored according to your travel details. You may even be surprised to find out that you have booked a Birkenhead car hire in less than two minutes!
- We offer Birkenhead car hire discounts from major car hire company and also guarantee the lowest rates so you are sure of snagging the best deal. Read more about how this works by visiting our Price Promise page.
- No need to browse through different websites to search for a cheap rental car because you can find everything you are looking for here. Unlike other car hire comparisons, we don't charge any booking fees!
- If you are arriving via Blackpool Airport, you can also hire a car there through us. It is more convenient than riding a shuttle or cab going to Birkenhead before renting a vehicle. Start comparing rental cars in Blackpool Airport now to avail of big discounts!
- If you want to rent a car through VroomVroomVroom, you may want to check out our FAQ page to get more information. You can also contact us via email, phone call, or live chat. Our customer care team will be happy to assist you.
Best time to visit Birkenhead
Driving tips in Birkenhead
Top Tourist Attractions in Birkenhead
Birkenhead is home to the very popular Birkenhead Market which offers the contrast of a spacious modern indoor market hall and an outside traditional market, both offering variety and bargains. The Birkenhead Park is also a popular destination for families who are looking for a place to play sports and just enjoy the nature. Kids can enjoy the children's playground while adults can have a cup of coffee at the stylish cafe. The Wirral peninsula can be easily accessed via Mersey tunnels connecting Birkenhead to Liverpool that's why it is advisable to hire a vehicle to easily get around the city and its surroundings.
Arrowe Park or Arrowe Country Park is a charming public park that lies west of Birkenhead. Among its many facilities are its children's play area, bowling green venue, football pitches, golf club, pitch and putt course, the Arrowe Hall and Arrow Park Hospital. It is a great venue to bond with family and friends.
Birkenhead Priory and St. Mary's Tower are ancient architectures in Birkenhead, England. The Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest classified the buildings as Grade I and II. The buildings are celebrated for its magnificent Norman architectural style, details and colorful history.
Blackthorn Gallery is an art gallery housed within the old Della Robbia Potteries that showcases a wide collection of arts from the United Kingdom, Europe and America.
Europa Pools is a public water wonderland that has become both locals and tourists favorite ever since it opened. Among its many facilities are fitness suite, gym, steam room, aerobics room, several types of pools and fantastically fast slides.
Egerton Bridge is a historical working bascule bridge located in between the Egerton Dock and Morpeth Dock. It was built sometime in between the years 1928 and 1931. The bridge still serves the people today after the completion of its restoration in 1995.
Historic Ships The ship building industry in town has been in existent since the 18th century. Several types of ships including war ships hasve already been forged in the area. The most popular ships to explore when around Birkenhead are the Mersey Bar Light Ship, HMS Plymouth, HM Submarine Onyx and the U-534.
The Hamilton Quarter is a popular district in Birkenhead that serves as the town's centre for arts and cultural activities. The Blackthorn, Cajobah and Spice gallery are all located in the Hamilton Quarter.
The Williamson Art Gallery and Museum homes the town's art collection such as paintings from the Victorian era, Liverpool Porcelains, some works from the Della Robbia Pottery, ship models and etc.