Drive a Reliable Car Hire in Stansted Airport and Have Fun
London Stansted Airport or also known as Stansted is an air transportation hub located in Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex, England. It first opened under the name RAF Stansted Mountfitchet around 1943 as an airfield that serves the United Kingdom's Royal Air Force and the Army Air Force of the United States of America. Today, it grew as one of England's largest and busiest airports under the management and ownership of BAA Ltd.
The airport caters to several prime European low-cost carriers and private owned jets with flights to and fro many parts of the world. Aside from being featured in several films and television shows, the airport is renowned for catering to millions of passengers, its great customer service, history and features. Stansted itself is known as a 'local' airport but it has certainly earnt it's right to be connected with London's main Airports.
Why hire a car in Stansted Airport with VroomVroomVroom
- Lowest rates: When you arrive, you only want the best car hire in Stansted Airport. Pick up a car rental from the airport and choose the most affordable price at VroomVroomVroom. We guarantee the lowest rates in rental cars and our Price Promise assures you of that.
- Convenience: With Stansted being the third busiest airport that carries over 23.5 million passengers annually, hiring a car is a practical and cheap way to organise your transit when arriving at, or departing from the airport.
- High quality vehicles: VroomVroomVroom prides itself with the car hire options that it offers there. With currently nine global suppliers offering cheap car rental through us, we can say to you, hand on heart, that you are making the right choice by hiring with us. The suppliers that we work with in Stansted are all reputable brands and offer different ways of car rental collection. In fact, the whole London Airport Network which consists of Gatwick Airport, Southend Airport, Luton Airport, Heathrow Airport and London City Airport.
- More pick up and drop off locations: If you prefer hiring a car once you arrive in London, you can choose from our great selection of car hire pickup locations all over the city. Click here to compare rental cars in London.
- Excellent service: Our booking engine is easy to use but of course we want it to make it easier by offering our assistance. If you have any questions or need help in finding the perfect car hire, contact us and our customer care team will be delighted to assist and help you.
Documents that you need when renting a car
- Valid driving licence.
- Your passport (always good as back up ID).
- Your car hire confirmation email that was sent to you upon successful booking with VroomVroomVroom.
- A valid Credit Card for not only the cost of your booking but also for the car hire deposit. (Some depots also accept Debit Cards, however check before arriving).
- And if you wish to have any additional drivers added, please make sure that they bring with them ALL parts of their valid drivers license also.
Driving tips in London Stansted Airport
Popular Tourist Attractions to visit nearby Stansted Airport
St. John's Church Stansted Mountfitchet
The historical church is located near the War Memorial gardens. You can access it by foot through the gardens on Chapel Hill and from St John's Road, where the car park can also be found. St John's was first built in 1889 and has been part of a united benefice with St Mary's Farnham and St Mary's Birchanger since 1987.Mountfitchet Castle & Norman Village
Address: Stansted CM24 8SP
This landmark is the only recreated Norman Motte and Baliey castle in Europe. They have re-created many of the types of buildings that would have been there when it was a working village like the blacksmiths and bakers with various life sized models hard at work. Local parking facilities are always available for your vehicle and it is a lovely place to drive your hire car too!
Audley End House and Gardens
This place is without a doubt a magnificent house, built for Royal entertainment, and boasts a Victorian Service Wing complete with kitchen, laundries and a dairy, what more could they need? Coupled with beautiful grounds to explore, including an awe inspiring formal garden and a working Organic Kitchen Garden, there's so much to see and do here.
Imperial War Museum
Address: Duxford, Cambridge CB22 4QR
The museum sits within the spacious grounds of a famous former First and Second World War airfield. Immerse yourself for a day wandering under and around some of the most iconic aircraft in the world and see the award-winning interactive exhibitions. IWM Duxford is home to an amazing collection of over two hundred aircraft as well as tanks, military vehicles and boats. Great parking facilities for your car hire in Stansted Airport here!
These two magical racecourses form the greatest venue in the East of England. The exhilarating excitement of world class flat racing, pulsating music nights, great value family days, award-winning restaurants, exceptional Conference & Events facilities - Newmarket Racecourses has it all. And its easily accessible from the airport. Just don't take your hired car on the racecourse!
Address: Sevenoaks TN15 0NU
Immerse yourself in this romantic moated manor house, described by David Starkey as 'one of the most beautiful and interesting of English country houses'. Having been built nearly 700 years ago, this house has seen many changes and been owned by Medieval knights, courtiers to Henry VIII and high society Victorians.
River Hill Gardens
This is one of the most imaginative gardens to visit in Kent. You can learn about the plants that were brought back from the Himalayas, build dens, discover secret pathways and incredible views and perhaps even spot the elusive Yeti!
What is fantastic about Stansted Airport?
Situated just outside of London, and close to the M11,Stansted is a town based in Essex, best known for London Stansted Airport. However, with some buildings reaching back around 400 years, and archaeological evidence exceeding beyond 1400 years, Stansted has an amazingly rich history.
There is a broad range of entertainment in Stansted which means there is something for everyone, whether you require a chilled out evening or fancy a good night out. There's a good collection of theatres, nightclubs, cinemas, leisure centres, theme parks and music venues. Having a cheap car hire in Stansted from VroomVroomVroom will leave you with some extra cash to enjoy all these offerings.
Stansted Airport's air traffic control tower is amongst the tallest in Britain and was actually the tallest at the time of its construction. Its location is at the north east of the airfield just south of the terminal building.
Its height is needed as it has to be able to view satellite 3 clearly as that's where almost half of Stansted's aircraft movements occur. Like most control towers in the UK, it can be seen from miles away, due to its height.
Stansted is set on top of the undulating hills of the North Downs with lovely views towards the Thames Estuary and the Weald. On a clear day, Canada Tower can be seen far away at London's Canary Wharf.
Stansted Mountfitchet is a village on the Hertfordshire border with a population of just under 6,000. It lies 2 miles away from Stansted Airport, junction 8 of the M11 and 30 miles north of London. Being so close to the international airport, Stansted Mountfitchet is very accessible. There is a choice of guesthouses, a couple of pubs and the lively town of Bishops Stortford is 3 miles away.
Uttlesford is a mainly rural district in North West Essex encompassing the main towns of Saffron Walden, Great Dunmow, Stansted Mountfitchet and Thaxted, with 56 parishes. It is geographically the largest district in Essex.
London Stansted Airport, in 2011, saved enough water to fill 80 Olympic sized swimming pools. The UK's fourth busiest airport reduced its water consumption in 2011 by nearly 33% compared to 2010 levels, a saving of 205 million litres of water across the 957 hectare airport site.
Booking a car hire in London Stansted Airport is easier and quicker with VroomVroomVroom. Each of our major suppliers have a desk in the Terminals of Stansted Airport where you simply take your voucher for your car hire. Once paid and signed for you will be directed to your waiting vehicle.
When flying from Stansted Airport you are only allowed to take certain amounts of liquids etc. on board with you in your luggage. With this in mind have a look at the guide supplied by Stansted Airport to double check that you are within your limits.
Stansted Airport offers:
Chapel with Multi faith Prayer Room located near the check-in Zone J is open for everyone from 05:00 to 23:00 everyday.
Internet Access: The airport has Internet kiosks and WiFi available 24/7. Payment for Internet access may be made online, by coin or voucher.Lounges at Stansted Airport are convenient, safe, clean and peaceful.
Restaurants, Bars and Cafés in the airport comes with wide food and beverages choices.
Shops: Over sixty wonderful stores that sells books, dresses, jewelries, perfumes, technology and more grace the airport.