Compare Deals to Find the Best Car Hire in Newport
Why rent a car in Newport with VroomVroomVroom?
- VroomVroomVroom offers great car hire locations within Newport. Choose from locations conveniently situated within the town.
- We offer a very easy-to-use website. You can book a car hire in less than two minutes.
- Get a wide selection of cars. Whether you need an economy car or an SUV, you can easily find it here.
- Enjoy great rates. We have negotiated with our car rental partners so we can provide the best prices.
- Trusted since 2001, we are the experts in rental cars. Contact us now if you have any questions.
Best time to visit Newport
The ideal month would have to be September because then you can enjoy warm weather almost like summer with fewer crowds or heat waves. During this time, you can still get out on the water without freezing, unlike if you do this in June.
Driving tips in Newport
Newport is a small city in Wales, which stands on the banks of the River Usk. It is located about 19 kilometers east of Cardiff and is the largest urban area within the historic boundaries of Monmouthshire. Newport includes rural areas and has a population of 140.020, making it the seventh most populated city in Wales.
Top Attractions within Newport
Newport Castle is a one of the most famous castle ruins in Newport. Unfortunately, due to extensive road and rail construction, it has been forced out of existence. The Castle overlooks the River Usk. The east wall is the only part of the castle which is still standing. The ruins if the Castle were fenced off and in the end the public footpath was closed to the public in 2006. Still, it is a great attraction for the tourists.
Newport Cathedral is one of the most impressive cathedrals in Newport. The building dates back to the Anglo Saxon period and was erected around the ninth century. In the eleventh century the Normans built a new structure over the old one. One of the most interesting features of the Cathedral is the organ, which dates back to the Norman period.
Newport Market is a unique indoor market, built in 1854. It is a beautiful example of large span cast iron frame building. The market houses over 100 stalls spread on two floors, offering a variety of high quality fresh vegetable and fruit, as well as a butchers, fishmonger and a confectioner's stall.
National Roman Legion Museum In AD 75, the Romans built a fortress at Caerleon. Today at the National Roman Legion Museum you can learn what made the Romans a formidable force and how life wouldn't be the same without them.