Will I Need to Pay Any Additional Charges When I Return My Rental Car?
Depending on the condition you return your rental car in, you may be required to pay additional charges at the car rental counter. VroomVroomVroom has put together a quick guide to some of the charges you may need to pay.
- If you've returned the vehicle without a full tank of fuel, you will need to pay the cost of re-fuelling.
- If there is any additional damage to the vehicle, you could be charged depending on the severity.
- Any charges for using toll roads, including the London Congestion Charge.
- The cost of exceeding any mileage limits. Sometimes car rental companies will charge you a set fee for each mile you travel over the specified limit.
- If you have been smoking in your vehicle, cleaning charges will apply.
- If you've returned your vehicle late, a late fee may apply, or in some cases you may be charged an additional day's rental.
Read more about returning your rental car.