Can I Add an Additional Driver to my Booking?
Yes. Most car rental suppliers will permit you to add an additional driver to your booking. However, an extra fee may apply for any additional drivers. They will need to present their licence at the counter in order to be added to the rental agreement. Additional drivers can register at any branch they can't be there physically at the time of pick up and it can be done either before or after picking up the car rental.
Remember that few agencies consider the renter's immediate family as authorized drivers. Note also that additional drivers must meet all rental requirements and be present to sign the rental agreement.
VroomVroomVroom compiled a quick guide to the terms and conditions of each of our suppliers in the UK.
- Alamo: Additional drivers will be charged a fee of £18.33/day, Included VAT and AFF maximum 10 days charge.
- Avis: The additional driver fee charge is £11.60 inc. VAT per day, capped at 10 days.
- Budget: The additional driver fee (including spouse) is £12.99 per day up to a maximum charge of £129.90 per rental.
- Enterprise: Additional drivers will be charged a fee of £18.33/day, Included VAT and AFF. Maximum 10 days charge.
- Europcar: Additional drivers are charged at £11.66 per day (maximum of £116.66)
- Green Motion: The additional driver surcharge is £8.00 per driver per day.
- Hertz: Additional drivers are possible at a charge per day, irrespective of the number of drivers up to a maximum of the number of passengers in the vehicle. Note also that exceptions to this fee are all contract rates, all vehicle replacement rates.
- Sixt: Additional drivers are charged at £13.50* per day (maximum of £120* per month (note this fee does vary by depot). In Northern Ireland, additional driver fee is £13* per day up to a maximum of £129.90* per month.
- Thrifty: Additional driver surcharge is £5.50 per day (max 10 days charged).
Read more about picking up a rental car in the UK.