Car Hire Eberswalde
Eberswalde is a major town and the administrative seat of the district Barnim in the German Federal State of Brandenburg, about 50 km northeast of Berlin. Eberswalde was an important industrial centre until the German Reunification. The area around Eberswalde was already populated in the Paleolithic. Before the establishment of the Margraviate of Brandenburg it was the place of a Slavic stockade. During World War II, most of the town was destroyed, but in the following years, it was rebuilt. Eberswalde is a great holiday destination, where tourists can sit back and enjoy wonderful cultural and historical attractions.
Top Attractions Within Eberswalde
Ravensbruck Concentration Camp is located near Eberswalde. It was a notorious women's concentration camp during World War II. Between 1939 and 1945, over 130.000 female prisoners passed through the Ravensbruck camp system. Tourists can still see today the bunkers, the crematoriums and the barracks. The museum adjacent to the Concentration camp displays the examples of the biographies of 27 former prisoners.
Eberswalde Botanical Garden was established in 1830 as part of the Royal Prussian Higher Forestry College. Today, the garden contains over 1200 native and exotic trees and shrubs, with major sections including perennial flower beds, a root laboratory, alpine garden, African and East Asian gardens, trial garden, herb garden and a Salicetum containing 230 types of willow trees.
Zoo Eberswalde is a wonderful Zoo in Eberswalde, where both children and adults can have a lot of fun visiting the animals. It is a real pleasure for people to see all the animals, regardless of the season. It is an absolute delight and it is a must if you are in the surrounding area. There is even a Zoo School provides an educational slideshow.
East Side Gallery in Berlin, located near Eberswalde, is an international memorial for freedom. It is a 1.3 km long section of the Berlin Wall located near the centre of Berlin. The gallery consists of 105 paintings by artists from all over the world, painted in 1990 on the side of the Berlin Wall.