A Cheap Motorhome and Campervan Hire in the UK Can Bring in New Adventures
Book a camper rental in the United Kingdom with us
Taking a holiday with a campervan is a popular pastime in the UK. There are many miles of scenic country roads to explore, from the winding lanes of the Cotswalds to the highways stretching through Scotland's wild north. You can hire a campervan from popular destinations such as London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, and Belfast to kick off your UK holiday.
Use our orange search form above or check our map below to find the nearest campervan hire depots.
View UK Campervan Hire Map in a larger map
New to hiring a campervan? Check out our guide to find the perfect vehicle.
First time in the UK? If you are coming from North America, there are some terms that you need to remember when hiring a campervan. The Brits and Irish usually use the terms motorhome, caravan, or campervan instead of RV (recreational vehicle) or motor vehicle.
Tips for driving a campervan in the UK
- The UK has a great motorway network, so it is ideal to explore with a campervan. You will only come across a few toll roads such as the Humber Bridge, M4 Severn Bridge, Birmingham M6 and the M25 Dartford Tunnel. Coastal roads can get quite congested during the peak holiday season, so if you want to avoid the crowds it is best to book outside of these times.
- It's a good idea to check the details of Paperless Driving Licences in the UK so that you will know what documents to present when you pick up your campervan rental.
- Looking for a place to park your campervan rental in the United Kingdom? It is best to avoid parking your vehicle within the city centre because of the limited space. Motorhomes are also not commonly allowed to park in multi-story parking spaces. Particularly if you are visiting London, it is a good idea to park on the outskirts and use public transportation to travel to the city centre. Other parking options include the railway stations and large supermarkets. Take note of height restrictions signs when you enter carparks.
- It is essential to have a copy of The Highway Code when you are visiting the United Kingdom. This booklet will come in handy as it provides all the traffic rules and speed restrictions. The speed limits for motorhomes in the UK differ from cars, so it is best to maintain slower speeds.
- Check out our infographic on Holiday Camping Tips to guide you in the UK. If you are planning to travel to another country, you can get some inspiration from our list of the World's Best and Most Magnificent Camping Destinations.