Car Hire Vilseck
Vilseck is a town in the Oberpfalz region of northeastern Bavaria, Germany, situated on the river Vils, a tributary of the Naab River. The town is geographically separate is geographically separate from a nearby large American military base known as the Rose Barracks but more commonly referred to as Vilseck. The town of Vilseck has a number of 6.484 residents living within its area. The living area contains 35 hamlets and villages as of December 31, 2005. The town is 1300 feet above sea level. The name Vilseck comes the location of a castle built in the year 920. Eck is the German word for corner. The Vils river has a tight bend where the Burg is located. Thus, the name Vilseck. The main attractions are located in Munich, in the vicinity of Vilseck.
Top Attractions Within Vilseck
Residenz Museum is located in Munich, near Vilseck. The main building was the first part of the royal residence to be erected. The palace grounds include numerous grottoes, courtyards, fountains, a medicine room, antiquarium, and the delightful Wittelsbach fountain built by Duke Otto from 1611-12. The museum is a wonderful place, where you can relax and enjoy the outdoors.
St. Michael's Church is also located in Munich, near Vilseck. It is one of the most significant Renaissance churches north of Alps, St. Michael's was originally built for the Jesuits. The inside is lavishly decorated and home to the second largest free standing vault in the world. There is the so-called royal vault, where visitors will come across the resting place of 40 members of the Wittelbacher royal family.
Frauenkirche is set against a clear blue sky in Munich, near Vilseck. The distinctive towers, built in 1525, make the church of considerable architectural interest as they are considered to be the precursors of the Renaissance Style. The church itself was designed by Gothic architect Jorg von Halsbach in 1468. Its size is imposing, but its simplicity and symmetry rule out any suggestion of ostentation. The interior is mainly Gothic, but the altars were redesigned in the 18th century under the influence of the Baroque.