Compare Deals to Find A Cheap Car Hire in Lancaster
Lancaster or the City of Lancaster is located within the ceremonial county of Lancanshire, England, United Kingdom. The best way to explore the area is with a reliable car hire and VroomVroomVroom gives you the tools you need to find great prices. We provide hire car comparison from Avis, Alamo, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar and Hertz. Our suppliers only provide available hire cars and rates based on the search details you enter on our site.
Lancaster was named after its largest settlement and county town. Not much information about the area was recorded during the Roman and Norman occupation in the country. Nevertheless it is believed that it has been inhabited during and or way before the said times. The city is famous for its large collection of Georgian and Victorian architectures, shopping destinations and gastronomy. To help you get around Lancaster, start hiring a car now.
Why book a car hire in Lancaster with VroomVroomVroom
- Easy to use search engine: Rental car booking should not be tedious. After all, you're suppose to relax while on your holiday. And that's why, we like to keep our site straightforward and simple. Most of our customers around the world like the simplicity of our site. They get the best car without any hassle.
- Lowest price guaranteed: VroomVroomVroom can help you find a cheap car hire in Lancaster. The prices we have are discounted, as our suppliers compete for you in comparison. Our Price Promise assures you of having the lowest price on Lancaster car rental.
- Free to book and cancel: Apart from getting the cheapest rate on rent a car and van, you wouldn't have to pay for any booking fee. We also don't charge cancellation fees because we know that plans do change sometimes. So once you have made up your mind that you want to hire a car, just book through us and pick up your vehicle to begin your adventure in the city or in nearby towns like Morecambe.
- Friendly customer care team: Book in advance to get the best rates for your car rental! If you need some assistance in booking a car hire in Lancaster, feel free to contact us via email, phone call, or live chat.
- More vehicle options: We also compare campervan rentals in Lancashire so you can enjoy your holiday in Lancaster. Start comparing campervan and motorhome rental deals to find the one that suits your budget and needs.
Best time to visit Lancaster
The temperate climate of Lancaster makes it an ideal place to visit all year round. It rarely experiences extreme weather changes so even if it is summer and winter, it never gets too hot nor too cold. If you plan to go camping or exploring the wilderness, the best time to visit is April which is the driest month in Lancaster. Avoid travelling in October due to frequent rains. Just like any city in the UK, the weather is unpredictable so make sure to always bring waterproof coats, hats or umbrella to protect yourself from the rain and wind.
Driving tips in Lancaster
If it is your first time to drive in the UK, it is important to know that the National Speed Limit for cars and motorcycles is 60mph on single-carraigeway roads and 70mph on dual-carriageways and motorways. Are you planning to overtake? Make sure to do it on the right side of the road. Passing on the left side isn't only dangerous but could get you in trouble with the law. There are several parking spaces in Lancaster and you can even opt for cashless parking. Check out RingGo for more details on that. Before you hop in your car hire or campervan hire, check out the live traffic updates from BBC so you will know which route to take.
Explore Lancaster with a reliable hire car
Because of its convenient location, most people from London visit this place more than anywhere else in England. No wonder it earned the nickname "the hanging town." If you are planning to hang out in Lancaster, here are some places that you should definitely check out.
The Butterfly House in Williamson Park is a wonderful piece of paradise everyone must not miss. Aside from the colourful butterflies, amongst the venue's famous attractions include the tropical birds, fish, trees, and flowers.
Address: Castle Park, Lancaster LA1 1YJ
This historic castle stands on the Castle Parade. This medieval castle is also the oldest building in the city. It is famous for its architectural style, interior design and the roles that it played throughout time.
The Dukes Playhouse
Address: Moor Lane, Lancaster LA1 1QE
The Dukes offers a cinema, gallery and a number of courses for young people all in one place. It is located along Moor Lane in Lancaster.
The Grand Theatre
The theatre can be found at St. Leonardgate and its history dates back 1782. The charming theatre features wide range of performances throughout the year like comedy, drama, musicals and plays.
Their mission is quite simple - to produce excellent quality beer through diligently sourcing the finest natural ingredients whilst presenting our product in a modern and stylish way. Cask ale brewing is one of the few quintessentially British manufacturing sectors that is still thriving today. The qualities of Lancaster Brewery combine a number of attributes synonymous with the county of Lancashire – hard work, diligence, innovation and courage.
Friends Meeting House
This famous landmark sits along Meeting House Lane and the estate's gardens are open for public all day. As for its historical building that has long been serving the Quakers as a place of worship, it is open for worship two times a week and everyone is invited.