- All major Credit and Debit cards (excluding Prepaid, Solo, Visa Electron, Diners Club and all unembossed maestro/debit/creditcards) are accepted.
- On collection of the vehicle, a £200.00 security deposit will be charged to your card, £500 deposit is required on all premium rentals.
- On acceptable return of the vehicle, the security deposit will be credited.
- Payment is not accepted by either Cash or Cheque.
- All Credit and Debit cards used for payment/deposit must be in the name of the renter.
- Premium and 4x4s can not be rented using a debit card.
Maximum length of rental is 89 days, however the customer will have to go to a local branch every 28 days to have the car checked.
Taxes: State Tax (STAX) 20%
Surcharges: Airport Fee (AAF) 17.5%
- All drivers must be 25 years of age or older.
- Driver's aged 25 - 29 can rent all vehicles except full size MPVs (MPV and MPVA), small premiums (PDMR/PDAR), large premiums (LDMR/LDAR) and 4x4s (IFMR/IFAR and FFMR/FFAR).
- Age 30+ can rent all vehicles.
- All drivers must must meet the location's minimum age requirements.
- All drivers must hold a full, valid national license.
- All drivers must have held a full UK driving licence. Photo driving licence must be shown (where applicable).
- Renters with only a paper license must also show photo ID in the form of a Valid Passport, Armed Forces ID Card or a Police Warrant Card. No other form of Photo ID is acceptable.
- All renters with a UK home address paying on a debit card will need to pass an Online Address Check as verification of residence at their given address. Any customer failing the check will not be allowed to rent.
UK Nationals residing overseas are advised to use a driving license of the country in which they reside or they will be subject to the above.
Overseas Licence: International driving permit is required with all non European licences if the driving licence is written in a language or characters different to those of the renting country. Even when an International Driving License is required, a domestic licence must be provided.
UK residents that hold a non-EU license may drive in the UK for up to 12 months from the time they become a resident. After 12 months, the overseas licence will be deemed illegal in the UK and it must be exchanged for the UK equivalent. A renter holding a non-EU licence must produce a full valid passport at the time of rental and the reservation name must match the name on the driving licence.
Please note, we reserve the right to request additional ID or conduct further identification checks if needed which may include an identity check with an external credit organisation.
Additonal drivers are charged at £13.00/day, Tax Excluded
Additonal drivers are charged at £18.33/day, Included VAT and AFF. Maximum 10 days charge
- All additional drivers must meet all rental requirements.
- Additional drivers must appear at the rental counter with the primary renter.
- Additional drivers must sign the rental agreement.
- An additional daily fee may apply for any Additional Drivers.
The additional driver can only be added to the contract at the pick up location.
Collision Damage Waiver – Exclusive Rates
Rates include unlimited mileage, and third party liability for one driver.
Collision Damage Waiver – Inclusive Rates
Rates include unlimited mileage, damage waiver, and third party liability for one driver with the following excess –
- £1,200.00 for groups
- MBMN/MBMR (A group)
- ECMN/EBMR (B group),
- EDMR/CCMR (C group)
- CDMR (D group), and
- IDMR (E group)
- SDMR/SDMD (F group)
- ECAN/EBAR (B auto),
- EDAR/CCAR (C auto),
- CDAR (D auto),
- IDAR (E Auto) and
- SDAR/SDAD (F auto)
- £1,350.00 for groups
- SVMR/IVMR (MMPV),
- SVAR/IVAR (MMPVA),
- FVMR (MPV),
- FVAR (MPV auto),
- IKMN (small cargo van),
- LVMR/SDAD,SKMN (medium cargo van),
- and FKMN (large cargo van)
- £1,600.00 for groups
- PDMR (Small Prem Man ,
- PDAR (Small Prem Auto),
- LDMR (Medium Prem Man)
- LDAR (Medium Prem Auto),
- IFAR (Small 4x4 Man)
- IFAR (Small 4x4 Auto) and
- FFMR (Large 4x4 Man),
- FFAR (Large 4x4 Auto)
- LVMR/MVMR (9 seater MPV)
- LVAR/MVAR (9 seater auto MPV)
The insurance excess can be voluntarily reduced at the Alamo branch on arrival by subscribing an Extended Protection; rates vary and will be clarified at that time. Any charges agreed do not form a part of any agreed relationship with the customer and are non refundable by Alamo.
Collision Damage Waiver – Inclusive Rates - EXOTIC CARS: N/A
Theft Protection: Included in Collision Damage Waiver
Third Party Liability: Included in the rate
Vehicle Excise Duty (VED/RVL): Included in the rate
Winter Tyres: Unlimited
Damage Dispute Resolution
If you wish to discuss or dispute any matters concerning damage to your rental vehicle then please contact the Rental Company using the contact information below: DRU.UK9Z@erac.com , 0845 604 2881
Delivery & Collection
Delivery and Collection is not available.
All car types: No Freesale Available
Vehicles will be provided with a minimum ¼ tank. The customer has the option of either Fuel Pre-Purchase or to pay for used Fuel on return of the rental vehicle.
Home City & Non De-planing Airport Renter Underwriting (Walkups)
Residents of the UK: All Home City & Non deplaning renters will need to provide at the time of rental a full driving licence, two proofs of address no less than two months old and a Credit/Debit Card in the renter's name.
Non Residents of the UK: All Home City & Non deplaning renters will need to provide at the time of rental a full driving licence, travel documents which include proof of residency whilst in the UK, Passport & Credit Card in the renter's name. All renters with a UK home address will need to pass an Equifax eIDVerifier as verification of residence at their given address. Any customer failing the check will not be allowed to rent.
Child Safety Seat
Child seats are available at our airport locations for a cost of £10.00 per day up to a maximum of £99.99 per month and must be pre ordered at the point of reservation. Child seats can go one way at a cost of £35.00 per rental. Customers will be required to fit the child seat themselves. Child seats have a replacement fee of £130.00.
GPS Navigation Device
GPS units are available from airport locations at a cost of £13.32 per day up to a maximum of £91.65 per month. All units have a replacement fee of £170.00.
One Way Rentals
All Rentals where the vehicle is not returned to the same location as it is collected will be subjected to a one way fee of between £0 - £150 + Tax .
No vehicles rented from Alamo can be taken out of the UK Mainland except for travel to Shetland Islands, Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland, although the vehicle must be returned to the territory where it was rented. Please note there is a charge of £125 per rental to take the vehicle to Northern and Republic of Ireland —please contact the local branch prior to collection of the vehicle to arrange this. 48 hours notice is required to take a vehicle cross border.
Emergency contact details for 24/7 roadside assistance can be found on the rental contract. Customers should call this number if required. Dependant on the circumstances, we reserve the right to not replace the vehicle and pass on specific repair/callout charges to the customer.
Roadside Assistance Protection (RAP)
Roadside Assistance Protection (RAP) is an agreement between the renter and Alamo by which Alamo agrees to contractually waive its right to collect for lock out and lost key service, breakdown call out service, tyre damages, and any glass damages. Coverage is subject to the actions that void RAP, as defined in the rental agreement.
RAP is charged at £5.75 per day
RAP is charged at £6.00 per day from Home city locations
Note: We are currently able to compare pricing for UK residents for rental in UK only.